Workitem List Translation

Mike Pokraka wug.replies at workflowconnections.com
Wed Nov 16 09:13:01 EST 2005

Oops, seems I was a bit wrong there (a complete muppet to be precise).
Yes, titles ARE in different languages! Duh, I knew that.

However the DATA in the titled seems fixed at create time - I've had
prolems with this in the past. So even if an attribute changes, it will
always stay the same in the WI text. Worse, the text is dynamic so you can
end up with conflicting info when the old value continues to show in the
title but the text reflects the new one. (No I don't think that's the way
it should be).

Interestingly enough, a foreign language text (i.e. not the one the WI was
created in) IS dynamic. Thus if I change the attribute data (invoice
value) and log off and back on in two languages I get:

English:
Title: FI Release level 01 for 1900000038 value 80,00
Text: The Vendor invoice 1900000038 for a value of 92,00 is to be released.

However the German subject reads:
Betragsfreigabe 1900000038 Wert 92,00

Go figure....
Cheers