PO WF triggers twice

Mike Pokraka wug.replies at workflowconnections.com
Tue Nov 15 06:03:02 EST 2005

Hi Manish,
The check function is called in the LUW which raised the event. Thus
introducing a commit work (by using SWW_WI_START) will commit the calling
function, which obviously contained something to trigger the extra event.

Using commits in this way is generally not a good idea, you can cause
havoc if e.g. the caller decides to roll back later in the program then
half your data is already in the DB because you've introduced a commit in
the middle of the LUW. Oops.

Use events, let us know what the issues were? As a matter of interest, why
trigger a WF from a check function?

Cheers
Mike