SRM Data Flow from Portal

muinul hussain muinul at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 15 04:56:11 EST 2005

Hi All,

We have a scenario where we had the initial
requirement to change the SRM shopping cart business
flow.Which would have included changing backend SRM
processes. But now we are looking at passing some
default data & startup data like order types to be
created , user data etc to SRM from the Portal.

I wanted to have a better  understanding how it could
be possible.As far as I know in SRM most backend
processes are rendered through the ITS for the
browser.

So I wanted to know more on - if it is possible to
pass data directly to EBP via RFC or use XI in between
to pass data. I believe the already available business
package iViews which are available ready to use in the
portal must be using a similar protocol to pass data
into SRM.( Like changing delivery address ).

Any input will be appreciated.

Regards,
Muinul