SWEQSRV

Hall, Jim Jim.Hall at fortisalberta.com
Thu Nov 10 12:19:09 EST 2005

Hi:

We are currently using Workflow and Events on our 4.6c system.

Lately I have noticed something rather odd.    Our event queue job
SWEQSRV has been failing with a bit of regularity, most likely due to
our increased volume

The odd thing is that when we restart it, it starts in my name and flips
to a Batch only ID.   According to our basis people this is normal.

The oddest one is this.

When I go in to the Event Queue Administrator transaction to see if the
job is scheduled, it flips back and forth.

Basically, it shows a red square stating that the background job is not
active however, the button to display the background job is greyed out,
and you can not see SWEQSRV using SM37 either.

If I wait a few minutes, it reappears and the button is no longer grey.

Now I admit that my knowledge of jobs and job scheduling is limited at
best, but should I not be able to see SWEQSRV at all times?

Like below?

   JobName                          Ln Job CreatedBy   Status
Start date Start time Duration(sec.) Delay (sec.)

   SWEQSRV                             IDEBATCH        Released
0            0
   SWEQSRV                             IDEBATCH        Finished
2005/11/10 10:15:10               0           10

  *Summary
0           10

Thanks in advance.

Jim Hall