Theoretical question - WF Design

Susan R. Keohan keohan at ll.mit.edu
Thu Nov 10 08:22:57 EST 2005

All,

Thank you very much for your feedback.  It is greatly appreciated.

In my new effort (SRM 5.0), I am not doing line item approvals.  My goal is to use the model of
WS14000133 and WS14000134, using the N-Step BAdi to determine the approvers (all the heavy lifting).
  Start Conditions will be used, but cannot account for everything, as many approval steps depend on
what actions the previous approvers took (in our dreams, some approvers have the ability to
'restart' a new set of approvals, or resubmit to previous approver, if the cart was rejected).

So, *most* of the approver logic in the BAdi, then the need to evaluate post-rejection conditions,
coupled with a custom inbox (I know, I know, I know) and, no doubt, custom approval tasks (again, I
know what you are thinking).  Enhancements to BUS2121, BUS2201, BUS2200, BUS4101, and creating a
generic object ZWFTOOL (thanks Mike!) to handle the common functionality behind the scenes (Reading
and writing from custom log files to determine rejection routing sequences, etc).

Happy WF-ing,
Sue