Theoretical question - WF Design

Raju Omkaram romkaram at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 15:44:14 EST 2005

Susan,
 I ran into same issue few months back. I prefer putting lot of code in the
method than complicating the workflow. If there is a change in the business
rule, provided ABAP best practice is followed, it is less effort to change
than the WF itself. If there is change or bug in the workflow branch, it is
less effort to test that piece alone leaving the complicated ABAP code
alone.
 I created a WF similar to N-step BADI, since it was not available in the
version of SRM I was working on, it took me twice as much time to
troubleshoot the complicated WF conditions and WF ran into 3 full screens
down and two screens wide.
 Personally, I vote for putting conditions in business object method rather
than in WF.
 Regards,
Raju