SRM BAdi-n step for Shopping Carts

Baunach, Natasha R natasha.r.baunach at intel.com
Tue Nov 1 13:54:55 EST 2005

Hi Sue,

I have implemented BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI in our SRM 4.0 sandbox with
different level of approvals and certain line items going to different
approvers.  Hopefully, I can answer some of your questions.

1. Yes, approval index must be incremented by 1.  You can still have
your ad-hoc approval steps between pre-defined approval steps assuming
that you allow for ad-hoc approvers (you can disable this functionality
via BADI 'Allow Changes to Approvers' BBP_CHNG_AGNT_ALLOW.

2. It is the same task that is used for approvals in all shopping cart
approval workflows available in SRM 4.0.  The task is TS10008126.
Whether or not an approver can change the cart during approval process
is determined by the settings at the role level.  Go to transaction
PFCG, input your role, hit display.  Then go to Personalization tab and
look for personalization object key 'BBP_WFL_SECURITY'.  During runtime,
this default can be overwritten in the BADI 'Authorization to Change
During Approval' BBP_WFL_SECUR_BADI.  So basically, if your approvers at
different levels have different roles, you should be able to control
change ability via this setting at the role level.  If it is more
complicated than that, then you will need to place your more complicated
logic in the BADI.

BTW, I think that you can also use a different BADI to allow only
certain fields to be changed.  It could be applicable only to CUF's.  I
have this requirement and will be looking into it shortly -- if a user
has finance approver profile, only allow them to change GL account
assignment and nothing else; no changes are allowed for other approver.

I hope this helps.

Natasha