what is the importance of transaction -SWU3 for a workflow consultant

Sue Keohan keohan at ll.mit.edu
Mon May 23 20:57:57 EDT 2005

Hi Sharath,

You do need to go thru the transactions in SWU3 and get green checks in
order to 'turn on' workflow.  This task is fairly easy, but you may need
some help from your friends on the Basis Team for setting up the RFC
destination and the number ranges.  More importantly, though, you should
get a copy of  The Book, Practical Workflow for SAP, by authors
Rickayzen, Dart, et al.  This book is available at many online bookstores.

The org structure is not required to execute workflows.  If there is an
org structure in place, it is useful for determining who should execute
a specific task, but there are other ways of determining who the agents
of a task are, so, again, the org structure is not a 'requirement'.

Again, there are many sources of help, including http://help.sap.com.
Please also consider getting SAP training on workflow.

Good luck,
Sue