Compensation Approval Rejection Event Errors

Tedde Taege ttaege at nebraska.edu
Tue May 10 13:51:05 EDT 2005

Mike,

Are you in 4.7 or higher?  We just upgraded from 4.6C to 4.7 and noticed a
similar situation only ours was with multiple material events on the same
receiver.

Here is my speculation as to what is happening although I have not looked
deeply into the background code....  In the failure scenario, both events
are hitting the system at same time.  The first event seems to lock a
table or rows (SWFDEVINST?) that hold expected receivers while doing some
clean up.  The second event tries to find the exact same linkage but is
locked out.

You may sometime see references in the work item technical log like:
        'An error occurred when deleting instance linkages'        (check
OSS 707811)
        'Instance linkages event  receiver 000000#####9 cannot be deleted'
        'The transaction brackets of the workflow have been damaged'
(OSS 839824 but not applicable)

I do not have a solution to offer you except that we had the luxury of
being able to rewrite our process to eliminate the multiple events for the
same receiver.  You can attempt to post the issue to OSS.
Good luck...
Tedde Taege
UNCSN - SAP Development
402 472-7544

Mike.Nickson at bhint.com
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
05/10/2005 06:45 AM
Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>

sap-wug at mit.edu
cc

Subject
Compensation Approval Rejection Event Errors

We are currently experiencing intermittent errors when the Compensation
Approval workflow is publishing its REJECTIONRECEIVED events.

Sometimes the event receiver is starting correctly when the event is being
raised, but intermittently we are getting a feedback after error that
"Work item 000000000000 cannot be read" !

In the workflow log we are also picking up errors that the instance
linkages event receiver cannot be deleted, and later on in the log that
the "Transaction brackets of the workflow has been damaged".

Have any of you experienced similar problems when processing rejections in
the Compensation Approval workflow ?

Although it is a bespoke version of the standard workflow, I am assured
that it has not been modified and it was all tested OK.

Any help gratefully received.

Mike