Using deadline monitoring for tasks

Peter Roehlen theycallmepete at yahoo.com.au
Tue May 10 07:15:26 EDT 2005

Hi Sushil,

As far as I'm aware, the standard deadline functionality cannot be made to consider working time only.

To date, I've always created an additional method which I've called in a step prior to my deadline step that calculates the deadline date in working days and then stores it in a container.  I then use the container containing the correct date in my step with the deadline.

To calculate working days using a factory calender, there are a series of function modules all beginning with COPF* (I think - sorry, I don't have access to a system at this moment.)  I created an extended version of business object FACTCAL with a generic method that I can reuse for this purpose.

Anyway, if the above sounds like what you want to do and you can't find the relevant function module, email me and I'll send you the details.

Cheers

Peter Roehlen.