Its a long shot but....

Thomas Maue Thomas.Maue at ipaper.com
Mon May 9 20:03:52 EDT 2005

Alon,

This is working as designed.  If there are two dialog steps together then
it works, but when a background step is placed in between the Advance with
Dialog will not work (makes sense if you think about it).

You might try taking off the background processing indicator for the
background task and then setting the Advance with Dialog for the
background/dialog step.

Regards,
Thomas Maue

             "Alon Raskin"
             <araskin at 3i-consu
             lting.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  "SAP Workflow Users' Group"
             sap-wug-bounces at m         <sap-wug at mit.edu>
             it.edu                                                     cc

                                                                   Subject
             05/09/2005 04:38          Its a long shot but....
             PM

             Please respond to
               "SAP Workflow
               Users' Group"
             <sap-wug at mit.edu>

I am not sure if there are going to be any takers for this one but then you
guys/gals always surprise me....

I am calling the WAPI provided in 4.7 called SAP_WAPI_DECISION_COMPLETE .
This Function Module allows me to programmatically enter a decision item
for an outstanding work item. It is a thing of beauty and works perfectly.

But (and there's always a but)....

The WAPI does not respect the Advance with Dialog flag that I have set on
my workflow. When I execute this work item from my inbox it proceeds to
immediately take me to the next step. However, when I complete the work
item via the WAPI, the chain is broken and I am not taken to the next step.
The subsequent step does appear in my inbox but I want it to popup straight
away.

Is this working as designed or do you think this could be an OSS note?

Any ideas/suggestions?

Alon Raskin
e: araskin at 3i-consulting.com <mailto:araskin at 3i-consulting.com>
w: http://www.3i-consulting.com