An idea on how to attack back at 'runaway' general tasks

Tedde Taege ttaege at nebraska.edu
Mon May 9 17:01:41 EDT 2005

At the urging of workflow gurus Mark P. & Mike P., I am posting an idea
that was included in my presentation at ASUG.

I have been burnt by general tasks that get sent into everyone's workflow
inbox.  Here is a way that lowers the exposure from a runaway general task
by checking for general tasks as each user logs into the system.

In user exit EXIT_SAPLSUSF_001 - ZXUSRU01 (function group XUSR) which
executes at user login:
•       Retrieve work list for user  (function SWR_WL_CREATE)
•       Check agents assigned for work items (function RH_WI_AGENTS_GET)
•       Reserve general task work items to a specific ID (i.e. workflow
administrator) (function SAP_WAPI_RESERVE_WORKITEM)
•       Upon a successful reservation, notify workflow administration
about the work item

Use caution with this exit because if you mess up here, then your users
might not able to log into the system.