Better handling of role resolution failure (Was RE: 2 year wait vs Batch Report)

Peter Roehlen theycallmepete at yahoo.com.au
Fri May 6 01:22:42 EDT 2005

Hi Ram,

I don't know about any 'right' to make mistakes but I think your idea is a good one.  In my experience, most tasks with a standard role end up as a General Task particularly if the pool of possible agents can't be confined to a specific business area or a few other categories.

I doubt that there has ever been a workflow that has been intentionally designed to go to all users in the business so a global or workflow level setting to prevent this would be very valuable.  In lieu of that, I'd settle for the 'Terminate' flag to be defaulted to 'on'.

Cheers

Peter Roehlen.