How to get a rule to fail on blank responsibilities?

Sheldon Oxenberg soxenber at scsnet.csc.com
Fri Mar 11 09:45:18 EST 2005

Hello Mike,

I experienced the same problem, and I could not find a neater way or
something seemingly obvious.

In my implementation, a "blank" value is not actually passed for the
rule, a blank value results from "no value" being passed.  Therefore, I
can default all data values to a nonsense value (e.g. '...'), which is
passed to the rule in the case of "no value", therefore resulting in a
failure.

Regards,
Sheldon