How to handle multiple events triggered at same time.

Rick Sample Rick.Sample at gbe.com
Thu Mar 3 13:54:38 EST 2005

Here is what I got. I think I figured out how to queue it correctly.

In the linkage (SWETYPV):
 I have on entry for my BO.
 ObjectType: myBO
 Event: CREATED
 Rec. Type: WS90000099

I have a CFM to raises workflow off for any existing WF in waiting,
ready, etc.

WF Template:
 - One triggering event (CREATED).
 - multiple listeners in the template that listen for CHANGE, APPROVE,
etc.

In the listeners fork of the WF I have all the listeners. CHANGE,
APPROVE, etc.

In the other fork, I also have events (terminating type) in my Tasks
for these same events.
I did not have the "Enable usage of event queue" checked.
So, enabling the terminating event queue should make the events wait
long enough
to allow other events to complete before starting.
Yes?

Before these terminating events were turn on I would see two expected
events firing at same time
in the event log but the WF log did not process both events. Just one
at a time.

Make sense? Comments?

>>> anna.hill at sap.com 3/3/2005 10:55:41 >>>
Try using the event queue? - switch it on in SWETYPV and then
administer
the event queue in SWEQADM. This will queue the events up and deliver
them in a nice civilized manner.

Hope I've understood the problem correctly.
Cheers
Anna

Anna Hill
Technology Consultant