How to pass a strucure whose lenght is > 256 workflow through SAP_WAPI_START_WORKFLOW

pramod reddy rkpramod at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 24 11:59:41 EDT 2005

Hi,

I couldn't pass complete sturcture as an element to

table "INPUT_CONTAINER"

As this can take only with value length < 256.

So how I can pass inidividul sturcture fileds to into container table and then pass it to above mentioned function module to triggere the workflow.

I have tired passign the values following ways. Niether are working.

wa_cont-element = 'REQDET-ITCC_NUM'.

wa_cont-value = '987'.

APPEND wa_cont TO itab_cont.

clear wa_cont.

wa_cont-element = 'REQDET.ITCC_NUM'.

wa_cont-value = '987'.

APPEND wa_cont TO itab_cont.

clear wa_cont.

I am sure I missing the right way of passing the structure to containers. Can anyone please help me on how this can be done.

Thanking you,

Pramod