Problem with sofm email attachment

mikko.maki-rahkola@accenture.com mikko.maki-rahkola at accenture.com
Thu Jun 23 08:28:29 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I have some problems with email notification attachments sent out to users, hope you can be of help. I'm on 4.6c.

So we're running an invoice approval workflow and at a certain point, an office document (type SOFM) is sent as an attachment of the notification email with the help of a method sofm-compose based task. The attached office document contains further an ArchiveLink object converted to a .fax format image (not sure of the terms..) which the user can then read with an ixos viewer.

My problem is that the .fax file getting sent is not the complete copy of the original scanned image which resides in the ixos content server. If you're familiar with ixos viewer, you can sometimes see multi-page invoices - the problem is that the .fax-file contains only one page and the other pages are discarded.

Previously in the workflow, there is a custom task which gets the image from the ixos content server, creates an sofm document for it and attaches it to the invoice with a binary relation. Based on the sofm object key, the document is then eventually put into a workflow container element and used in the send mail step.

So somewhere in the process of creating the office document containing the archivelink object link and sending it as an email attachment with sofm-compose the other pages of the invoice image are left out. I presume it must be somewhere when creating the SOFM object with the image as an attachment, but I haven't been able to check this because I'm getting a mysterious error "Maintain ArchiveLink in the file 'front.ini'" and I don't know how o fix it based on note 566398. If I were able to instantiate the sofm object and display its attachments I'd probably be able to limit this to the .fax-file creation phase.

But would you have any suggestions where I should look into with this one before going to OSS? Any experiences, tips and hints are very appreciated since my hair will soon be pulled off completely...

Best regards,
Mikko