Task Wait for event and deadline delay

Mike Pokraka wug.replies at workflowconnections.com
Thu Jun 23 08:08:20 EDT 2005

Hi Eric,
Create a dummy step that does nothing, and put it in a fork parallel to
your wait for event:

Branch A -> Wait for event
Branch B -> Wait step (dummy method) with requested start of 2 days.

After 2 days the step in branch B will execute, terminating the fork and
killing the wait for event step.

Cheers
Mike

Caillet, Eric wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> sorry i don't understand your answer : create a wait step in a parallel
> branch, ok but what's about my deadline ?
>
> Regards,
> Eric C.
>
> ________________________________
>
> De: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu de la part de Mike Pokraka
> Date: mar. 21/06/2005 17:14
> À: SAP Workflow Users' Group
> Objet : RE: Task Wait for event and deadline delay
>

> Hi Eric,
> I'm not too sure but I think I tried that some time back with the same
> result.
> Your best bet is to use a wait step in a parallel branch.
> Cheers
> Mike
>
> Caillet, Eric wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> I agree with you and I did all that. Well I summarize what I did in my
>> workflow example :
>>

>> -          create a new BOR named ZTEST with one key field and one event
>> :
>> ChangeStatus ;
>>
>> -          create a new workflow with a new element in container :
>> ZELEMENT, a object type ZERCA ;
>>
>> -          in the new workflow I create a new event "Wait for event"
>> task
>> with ZELEMENT like container element and ChangeStatus event. In the
>> outcomes tab I've selected "Wait step terminated", "Latest end" and
>> "Processing obsolete".
>>
>> -          In the "Latest end" tab, Refer. Date/time is Work item
>> creation
>> + 2 minutes
>>

>> Well, in my workflow I've one task and 3 steps (Event arrived, Obsolete,
>> Deadline). I launch my workflow and when the deadline is arrived,
>> workflow
>> isn't stopped, in the protocol workflow, at the wait event line I see
>> Deadline reached, that's all.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Eric C.

Mike Pokraka