URL Links with '&' reading as expressions in Send Mail Task

Andy Curtis abcurtis at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 04:10:02 EDT 2005

I spent the best part of a day debugging this type of scenario this week. I
had a URL string in a container element and inserted that container element
in to the Send Mail text. The mail contained the URL but with a missing &
which then meant the browser did not interpret the URL parameters correctly.
 My Sendmail text included ->
 Link: &FormUrl##&
  TO get it to output the correct Url string I did as Jocelyn suggests with
the SAPScript escape characters, but not around the &'s, but around the
entire string, (ie tell SAP the entire string is special)
 so I had in my sendmail text ->
 Link: <(> &FormUrl##& <)>
  Regards ... Andy Curtis
   On 6/17/05, Dart, Jocelyn <jocelyn.dart at sap.com> wrote:

> Hi Tom,
> if you do it right it should the escape characters should show in the old
> editor or display mode, but not in the usual edit mode. You might need to
> try one of the Sapscript insert symbol or similar options.
>
> Regards,
> *Jocelyn Dart*
> Senior Consultant
> *SAP Australia Pty Ltd.*
> Level 1/168 Walker St.
> North Sydney
> NSW, 2060
> Australia
> T +61 412 390 267
> M + 61 412 390 267
> E jocelyn.dart at sap.com
> http://www.sap.com
>
> The information contained in or attached to this electronic transmission
> is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the
> person or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended
> recipient, you are hereby notified that any distribution, copying, review,
> retransmission, dissemination or other use of this electronic transmission
> or the information contained in it is strictly prohibited. If you have
> received this electronic transmission in error, please immediately contact
> the sender to arrange for the return of the original documents.
>
> Electronic transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure and accordingly,
> the sender does not accept liability for any such data corruption,
> interception, unauthorized amendment, viruses, delays or the consequences
> thereof.
>
> Any views expressed in this electronic transmission are those of the
> individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender
> is authorized to state them to be the views of SAP AG or any of its
> subsidiaries. SAP AG, its subsidiaries, and their directors, officers and
> employees make no representation nor accept any liability for the accuracy
> or completeness of the views or information contained herein. Please be
> aware that the furnishing of any pricing information/ business proposal
> herein is indicative only, is subject to change and shall not be construed
> as an offer or as constituting a binding agreement on the part of SAP AG or
> any of its subsidiaries to enter into any relationship, unless otherwise
> expressly stated.

Andy Curtis
(m) 07798 603099
(t) 01737 843948