TEST (do not read) - SAP-WUG message distribution

Susan R. Keohan keohan at ll.mit.edu
Wed Jun 15 15:20:34 EDT 2005

Hi Miquel,

No, your messages are not blocked.  But if you are fortunate enough to have multiple email
addresses, and you attempt to send a message from an address that is not subscribed to the list, it
will not be distributed.  Usually, I catch these and send a nice explanatory message back to the
sender.  Sometimes, I fall down on the job.

So, to all of you who have multiple email addresses, if you post to SAP-WUG, try to use the email ID
which is subscribed.  Or, check your trash folder.  Maybe you have filtered the response from
Mailman and cannot see that your message was not distributed.  There may even be some indication in
the Mailman response that will tell you why it was not distributed.

Perhaps someone who has sent from a non-subscribed ID before can validate this.  I have only one
address, and can't be sure what Mailman sends out if you are trying to post to the group from an
unsubscribed address.  Note the distinction between the message Mailman sends, and the one that I
send out.