From SAP: Important information for those of you using WIS

Rickayzen, Alan alan.rickayzen at sap.com
Tue Jun 14 11:18:18 EDT 2005

Dear workflow experts,

A long way back we delivered the Workflow Information System (WIS)to
enable performance reporting of the workflow processes. Since then, SAP
Business Intelligence (AKA SAP BW) has established itself as a very
successful reporting tool on which to do reporting of all types.

In the next major NetWeaver release, SAP Business Workflow will
integrate with SAP NetWeaver Business Intelligence. We anticipate that
this will be received as a welcome step by must customers because
integrating the NetWeaver components even tighter makes them easier to
deploy.

However, there will be no automatic migration from WIS to BW so SAP
intends to provide a documentation guide to make the migration easier.
To ensure this documentation guide covers as many aspects of the
migration as possible I am keen to find customers already using WIS, in
particular those using custom interfaces to transport the process
information to LIS.

If you are such a customer please contact me and I will explain more. If
you are a consultant who has configured WIS at a customer's site, you
could invite them to get in touch, too.

Best regards,

Alan Rickayzen
SAP AG

Email: alan.rickayzen at sa......

PS: I have not forgotten about the Webinar follow up to ASUG showing
innovational uses of workflow.