How to identify a specific position in Org. Stru. in DEV & QA & PRD systems.

pramod reddy rkpramod at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 10 00:19:46 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have rasied this question with an assumption that object ID(say 40000123) for a position gets generated when transported. If this is wrong, then my issue is resolved. Can anyone please confirm this.
Somehow, now I think the objectid remains same even after transporting the position to Qa/Prd.
Regards,
Pramod.

pramod reddy <rkpramod at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Hi

How to identify a specific position[in org structure] in DEV/QA/PRD. Which attribute of position will have same value in DEV/QA/PRD environments[even after transporting] and uniquely identifies the position.

More details as follows....

I have a peculiar(not sure if it’s common) requirement.

While submitting a request, user should be allowed to choose the approving manager from a list. This list from set of users who are assigned to a specific "position" in org structure. Once selected, he will be the agent for next step(i.e. approval).

At present I am getting the list of holders for a position from table HRP1001 by hardcoding the object ID(say 40000123) in DEV. But I think once org. struc is transported to QA/PRD this value be will different. We can't relay on Abbreviation name also as there can be multiple positions with same abbreviation under the single org. unit.

I couldn't find any field which uniquely identifies it.

Thanking you,

Pramod.

pramod.