RSWUWFML2 & BSP: How to execute workitems from outlook when SAP Gui is not insatlled on deskop

pramod reddy rkpramod at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 7 17:58:40 EDT 2005

Hi,

I understand using RSWUWFML2, we can enable users to execute/access the work items from outlook. And as for as my understanding, user should have SAPGui on his machine in order to execute the work items from outlook. Obvious, as work items might open SAP Screens.

In our case, whenever a work item is executed a BSP page is opened (not SAP screen). Going by this SAPGui is not required. But RSWUWFML2 sends a mail with attachment which is nothing but a sap shortcut[not URL] to work items in SAP Inbox. If you observe properties of these shortcuts, SAPGUI for Win32 is the opening application. Hence SAPGui is must in order to execute the work items from Outlook.

1. Is there any way of  handling this i.e. executing the work items from Outlook, without having the SAPGui on desktop? I mean is there any web service which enables this kind of requirement.

2. In our case, whenever a work item is being accessed from Outlook, before opening the BSP page, one SAPGui session is also opened(with sap command prompt enabled) along with it.

Is there anyway to close this automatically once the BSP page is opened up.

Can I restrict user not to enter any tcode in the sap command prompt. I don't want give the option to user to enter tcode at all in first place, though we can handle the security issue with the help of Authorizations.

Can anyone please advise me on this

BTW, SAP Version: 6.4

Thanking in advance.

Regards,