Cancelling the previous workitem

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Mon Jun 6 04:00:25 EDT 2005

Hi Kjetil,
I would always extend a standard object by delegation in such a case, rather can create a check function module. Like I said it's easier to test whether your object will meet the condition or not this way.  If you had to set up an attribute per workflow that might be a pain - but I would have thought in most cases you are just looking for any active workflows for that object.

The benefits of using a start condition I stated previously - it's not simply that they are all in the one place, it's because any other *NON-WORKFLOW* business analyst can read, understand, and even maintain the start condition quickly and easily without bugging yours truly all over again.  Plus you can turn them on and off at the flick of a button.

We've been using start conditions in EBP for a while now and they just save heaps of time, a lot of code rewrites on changing business requirements, and many many otherwise very tedious explanations.  They handle currency-specific amounts without drama and they even have their own test mechanism in situ for the pedantic.

Regards,
Jocelyn Dart
Senior Consultant
SAP Australia Pty Ltd.
Level 1/168 Walker St.
North Sydney
NSW, 2060
Australia
T   +61 412 390 267
M   + 61 412 390 267
E   jocelyn.dart at sap.com
http://www.sap.com <http://www.sap.com/>

The information contained in or attached to this electronic transmission is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any distribution, copying, review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of this electronic transmission or the information contained in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender to arrange for the return of the original documents.

Electronic transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure and accordingly, the sender does not accept liability for any such data corruption, interception, unauthorized amendment, viruses, delays or the consequences thereof.

Any views expressed in this electronic transmission are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of SAP AG or any of its subsidiaries. SAP AG, its subsidiaries, and their directors, officers and employees make no representation nor accept any liability for the accuracy or completeness of the views or information contained herein. Please be aware that the furnishing of any pricing information/ business proposal herein is indicative only, is subject to change and shall not be construed as an offer or as constituting a binding agreement on the part of SAP AG or any of its subsidiaries to enter into any relationship, unless otherwise expressly stated.