Workflow & Webservices: data flow issue

pramod reddy rkpramod at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 3 16:18:10 EDT 2005

I have verified all points which you have mentioned. every thing seems to be correct.

Are the wf_extsrv parameters defined as IMPORT parameters?   Yes. Infact I maintained them as import & export. is that an issue?

Does SWLWPTSSID have an entry for the task, in the client that your executing the wf from?
Yes.
Does the BSP test OK from SE80?

Yes. I am able to submit the request by executing BSP from se80. And workitem is also being sent to Approver. When approver executes the workitem, Browser is being opened with correct bsp page/service but data from workflow/item is not being passed to BSP.
Have you activated the services in SICF? .

I think yes. I have activated the "wfhandler" service.  And the service related to my bsp application is also active. Pleaes let me know if any other service should be active in order to workwith webservices.

Let me give some more details: BSP application is developed based on MVC model.
I have generated the tasks wrt DO controller's url. I have ensured that workflow(WS)/task(TS)/service parameters id names are same. But niether the view's nor controler class's attributes names are matching with the container elemetns/parameterids. But I don't think this is an issue.

Here are my questions:
1. Which step(binding/code) is responsible for moving the data from Task container to controler class's attributes.  Do i need to impliment any of the controler class methods.
[once the data is into the class, I guess view attributes should be set from controler class attributes in DO_REQUEST, before calling the view].
2. What is the siginificance of maintaing Parameter IDs while creating ServiceID from wf_Extsrv. I didn't do any kind of binding with service parameter ids.

Thank you,
Pramod.

Andy Curtis <abcurtis at gmail.com> wrote:
Are the wf_extsrv parameters defined as IMPORT parameters?  Does SWLWPTSSID have an entry for the task, in the client that your executing the wf from?  Does the BSP test OK from SE80? Have you activated the services in SICF?

Andy Curtis