AW: Finding the Actual tables for storing the attachment to Busin ess object(BUS2002)

Rick Sample Rick.Sample at gbe.com
Mon Jul 25 09:29:18 EDT 2005

We are in the process of Archiving and cleanup work. 4.6C.

Dev class "SO" has a lot of programs that will help you understand
what and where.

A few things I figured out about Reorganization. At least for 4.6c.

SO30 / SO31
 - These Reorg programs will not remove ANY documents without an Expiry date.
 - If the document has an Expiry Date and Unread it will not delete.
   If users for whatever reason don't read their inbox messages they will never get deleted
   automatically. (We are working with SAP to remedy this issue. Less manual maintenance the better)

 - WF-BATCH will not apply an Expiry Date to any message without using the APIs to add one.
   (Working with SAP to get this working corrected)

We have SO31 (Daily Reorg) running daily and SO30 weekly run.
SO31 will only delete type RAW. Need to run SO30 with variant for the types
you want to delete.

Also, at least for 4.6c, there are lots of junk that these normal reorgs will NOT clean up.
A few programs you will need to run to delete.

Let me know if you want more details about clean up (Reorganization). I have been
knee deep in this for about a month!

Rick

>>> heinz.schmidinger at unaxis.com 7/21/2005 1:29:58 >>>
Hi pp,

"generic objects" contains a couple of different "Attachments".

If you are writing from SOOD, ...., you are using "personal" Attachments.
These are at least SAP-Mail Attachments (Type EXT).
Without changed customizing they are stored in the ContentRepository
"SOFDB".
SOFDB is customized in Standard as an R3-DB-Content.
This means, the attachments are stored in Cluster-Tables in die SAP-DB.

There is no special security foreseen for viewing these type of attachments,
but there is an BADI where you can do your own controls.

These type of attachments is handeld like a SAP-Office-Attachment, only the
creating User is abele to do changes on such an "Document".

The livetime in the System depends on the definition of lifetime for
SAP-Office-Obejcts.

You will find a lot of Notes to this.

The main point is, that these Attachments are ready for reorganisation after
the assigned Object is reorganized. But you should be careful with the
Maintainace of SAP-Office with all theire many reports and test all your
settings of reorganisation well viewing to Objects of type "EXT".

Hope this helps.

Regards

Heinz