Finding the Actual tables for storing the attachment to Business object(BUS2002)

hara parida hpp_mca at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 21 01:14:12 EDT 2005

Workflow Gurus,

We are on SAP vers. 4.7  I am working on the development of an Object for
attaching the request details sheet with business object(bus2002 and network
number as object key).Our customers are interested in being able to add
attachments to the  business object which they can call/view at a later
date.  This request details can be in the form of MS Word or Excel or PDF.
The business object (BUS2002) is currently setup correctly and Attachments
can be created and saved with the object.  It looks like it is using the
Whole Generic Services for Objects functionality.  I read up on this Generic
Services info and it mainly talked about setting up a content repository,
where these external documents can be stored.  But I did not set any of this
up and it seems that these attachment documents are being stored somewhere
in SAP.  I tried debugging the method where you display current object
attachments and it almost seems cryptic as to how SAP is storing the
documents.  My customer wants to know where exactly is the attachment being
stored - will the location of
the attachments get cleaned up which means losing the documents without
their knowledge in some near future - and how is security administered on
viewing these documents.  Has anyone dealt with this before.  I have been
debugging four a couple of days now trying to determine where the physical
documents are being stored.  So far I have come up with a lot of tables like
SOOD, SOFM, SOFD, SOC3, soffphf, soffloio,soffcont1 and soffphio,but I could
not see the business object(bus2002) and the network number. but one more
table I found that srgbtbrel,this table  contains the object
type,rel,type,one key,and the object key..but I could not find the proper
physical document name .where and how the all the attachments for particular
to business objects are stored. Any help would be appreciated on this
matter.this is very urgent

Thanks and Regards,

PP