SWWERRE job running multiple times

Rick Sample Rick.Sample at gbe.com
Fri Jul 15 10:35:17 EDT 2005

What user is running SWWERRE?

Rick Sample
SAP Workflow Analyst/Developer
Graybar, Inc.
11885 Lackland Rd.
63146-4208
314.573.5822
Rick.Sample at GBE.com
>>> aclarke at kcc.com 07/14/05 11:01 AM >>>
We have had several "Intermediate Error" jobs (SWWERRE) running at the
same time today. This caused not only them to contest with eachother,
but also caused other workflow processes to come to a grinding halt.

Now, I know that we can set parameters in SWWD as to the frequency and
number of retries before making the workflow into a permanent error, but
is there any way of making SAP wait until the previous job has finished
before even thinking of setting off the next one?

One thought we had was to allow only a single batch process on a server,
and ensure that the job is the only one running on that server. This
would, however, give us a single point of failure, which we didn't
really want to have; and would also mean that if something else was
using that process, SWWERRE would not start on the frequency we have
given.

Any help gratefully received

Adrian Clarke
Kimberly-Clark Europe

This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may
contain privileged, confidential, or proprietary information that is
exempt from disclosure under law.  If you have received this message in
error, please inform us promptly by reply e-mail, then delete the e-mail
and destroy any printed copy.   Thank you.