Archive Link : Display images in TIFF format

Andy Curtis abcurtis at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 04:44:22 EDT 2005

Rik
 I found this interesting as my last contract was at a site where they were
looking to do the same thing. In the end they did not use workflow and
bought a bit of software built by a third party. But I believed that the
scenario your suggesting should have been the way for them to go.
 So I chatted with the chap here about your TIF issue. We looked at
http://www.alternatiff.com/howtoembed.html to see how to display tif files
in the browser.
 He tells me TIF's are not a std supported file format for the Browser and
the above link has an embedded tif, when the page opens it pops up a window
asking to Open/Save the tif file. If we open the PC has a file extension
association to Microsoft Office Photo Editor and this application opens the
tif (similar in the way pdf's are opened by Adobe Acrobat). We believe that
you have configured your PC incorrectly so it does not associate TIF with an
application like photo editor.
 Alternatively do a google search and you will find Browser Addins for
displaying Tifs in the browser.
 Hope it helps .... Andy Curtis

Andy Curtis
(m) 07798 603099