'Detached' task processing

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Tue Jan 25 07:18:49 EST 2005

Hi Mark,
Yes, a method to kick off a task is exactly right - just pass on the container
table and we're a-OK. So simple I should have thought of it myself, but the
caffeine is only just starting to approach normal operating levels.

The finer trickeries involve two factors: One is to check whether existing
instances of a workflow are active - one would need to exclude certain tasks
because they don't count, and the more ugly part involves SAP code that looks
for specific task numbers and statuses (yes, hardcoded, umpteen OSS notes
listed at the top of most ABAP's... need I say more).
I need to fudge the flows to make them look complete and possibly fire off a
few dummy SAP tasks and complete them programatically (yes, this REALLY is
Ugly!).

Thanks
Mike