ESS leave request overview - duplicate entries

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Fri Jan 21 08:30:29 EST 2005

Greetings wug'ers,
We've a funny ol' problem with the ESS leave request - 4.7/620 system:

We have replaced the standard flow with our own. When a leave request is
created, it appears in the portal ESS leave request overview screen in status
'Waiting'. Under the normal flow, the approver approves it, and it then goes to
status 'Approved', and sends out an email notification.

Here's where it get ugly: In our version, we do not use email but send a
notification workitem back to the originator. This results in the overview
screen showing two lines for the same leave req. - one in status 'Approved' and
one in 'Waiting'. When the notification workitem is executed, the 'Waiting'
entry disappears from the overview.

I've debugged the SAP code for the overview, and it is quite dire... many notes
and modifications have been applied already, and it contains horrendous amounts
of hardcoding. Hence I'm asking here if anyone has encountered this one before?

Cheers,
Mike