Forwarding work items and possible agents

Soady, Phil phil.soady at sap.com
Wed Jan 19 05:48:16 EST 2005

Hi WUGers

I watch this one with interest.
Perhaps I made an assumption in the past how this works.
But I have used SWW_WI_AGENTS_CHANGE
to add people to a workflow so they COULD execute. In fact because an
ALL actual agents can execute.
I saw this as a desirable feature.  Delegation in real-time.
The weren't NOT originally on a possible agent. But someone passes to
them.
Just like with   paperwork.

My understanding was the fact that someone becomes a CURRENT agent.
Either by adding them programmatically or via forwarding, there are now
2 agent actuals.
Not yet reserved, but 2 agents with the task in the inbox ready to go.
Perhaps under 6.x with the re-evaluate rule, this might catch this.
I haven't tried that.

A test of possible agent still correctly shows one not as a possible
agent.
All New WFlows don't go to one of the users. AS expected.

But once a workflow was delivered to a user by someone who did have
originally have access
they have effectively delegated.  Hence the warning. The user is a
possible agent.  Are you sure
you want to pass this.
Hence also the general agents forwarding. Switch.

I remember looking as some code way back when....

But maybe I made a mistake. But that this the way I thought it worked.

Heres  the code we used (4.6) back in 2001.
Please no flames because I didn't use the SAP_WAPIs ;-)

If someone with a system with suitable test users etc can test the
Re-evaluate rule aspect  I
would be interested in the result.

   1 *
    2  function z_ess_change_absence_approver .
    3
*"----------------------------------------------------------------------
    4  *"*"Local interface:
    5  *"  IMPORTING
    6  *"     VALUE(DOCSY) LIKE  ZESSLEAVEWI_ID-DOCSY
    7  *"     VALUE(DOCNR) LIKE  ZESSLEAVEWI_ID-DOCNR
    8  *"  TABLES
    9  *"      AGENTS STRUCTURE  SWHACTOR OPTIONAL
   10  *"      DEPENDENT_WIS STRUCTURE  SWWWIHEAD OPTIONAL
   11  *"  EXCEPTIONS
   12  *"      BAD_CONTROL_CONFIG
   13  *"      BAD_TASK_CONFIG
   14  *"      BAD_DOCSY_DOCNR
   15  *"      UPDATE_FAILED
   16
*"----------------------------------------------------------------------
   17
   18
   19    data:  wi_id like zessleavewi_id-wi_id,
   20           l_task_control like zesscontrol-ar_app_task_id.
   21
   22
   23  * Read ZESS control information:
   24    select single ar_app_task_id into l_task_control from
zesscontrol
   25           where sysid  = sy-sysid.
   26
   27    if sy-subrc <> 0.
   28      raise bad_control_config.
   29    endif.
   30
   31    if l_task_control is initial.
   32      raise bad_task_config.
   33    endif.
   34
   35
   36  * Read Doc - WF link table:
   37    select single wi_id into wi_id from zessleavewi_id
   38           where docsy = docsy
   39           and docnr = docnr.
   40
   41    if sy-subrc <> 0.
   42      raise bad_docsy_docnr.
   43    endif.
   44
   45
   46    refresh dependent_wis.
   47    clear dependent_wis.
   48
   49    call function 'SWI_GET_DEPENDENT_WORKITEMS'
   50         exporting
   51              wi_id         = wi_id
   52         tables
   53              dependent_wis = dependent_wis.
   54
   55    loop at dependent_wis where wi_rh_task = l_task_control.
   56
   57      call function 'SWW_WI_AGENTS_CHANGE'
   58           exporting
   59  *         NOTIFICATION_AGENTS_APPEND = ' '
   60  *         DEADLINE_AGENTS_APPEND     = ' '
   61  *         DESIRED_END_AGENTS_APPEND  = ' '
   62  *         LATEST_START_AGENTS_APPEND = ' '
   63  *         EXCLUDED_AGENTS_APPEND     = ' '
   64               agents_append              = ' '
   65               wi_id                      = dependent_wis-wi_id
   66  *         DO_COMMIT                  = 'X'
   67  *         AUTHORIZATION_CHECKED      = ' '
   68          tables
   69               agents                     = agents
   70  *         DEADLINE_AGENTS            =
   71  *         DESIRED_END_AGENTS         =
   72  *         LATEST_START_AGENTS        =
   73  *         EXCLUDED_AGENTS            =
   74  *         NOTIFICATION_AGENTS        =
   75          exceptions
   76               no_authorization           = 1
   77               update_failed              = 2
   78               invalid_type               = 3
   79               others                     = 4
   80                .
   81      if sy-subrc <> 0.
   82        raise update_failed.
   83      endif.