Raising status event in CRM System

Svanikier, Helena helena.svanikier at sap.com
Thu Jan 6 04:56:01 EST 2005

Hi all

Has anyone ever tried to raise an event through the status event
customizing in a CRM system?
This is what I've done so far:
I created a subtype of the business object type BUS2000125 (CRM Task)
with a new event 'completed'.
I then delegated the object type BUS2000125 to my new ZBUS200125.
I mantained the customizing for event creation through status management
in transaction BSVW. I chose to maintain customer settings, entered the
status object type 'COH' , the relevant status profile, the object type
'BUS2000125'  and the new event 'completed'. I also maintained the
status restriction with one status from the status profile.

When I try to trigger the event by changing the status of my CRM-Task to
the status that was entered in the status restriction area nothing
happens. The only thing showing  up in the event log is
BUS2000108.created (CRM Lead) each time I set a status... I have even
tried change my customizing to raise the event for the Business object
BUS2000108, just in case... but to no avail.

Am I missing something obvious in CRM? I am quite sure the same type of
customizing works in an R/3 System.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Helena Svanikier