programmed bindings : <SWFCNTN01> has a syntax error?

Paul.Bakker@osr.treasury.qld.gov.au Paul.Bakker at osr.treasury.qld.gov.au
Tue Feb 15 17:31:17 EST 2005

Hi,

 I am in 4.7 (6.20) and am trying to use 'programmed bindings' to copy (and
transform)
workflow container elements to the task container elements.

I am trying to do this via a function module. I created a function module
as a copy of
SWA_BINDING_TEMPLATE, which has the include <SWFCNTN01>
(apparently this is an OO replacement for <CNTN01>, which we usually
use for container operations).

Unfortunately the template does not have any coding examples, and I am in
all kinds of bother trying to get it to work.

If I try to activate just the following simple piece of code:

      * Get the RoleParam values from the source container
      swf_get_element source_container 'RoleParam1' lv_RoleParam1.

I get the following error:

      Method "ELEMENT_GET" is unknown or PROTECTED or PRIVATE

When I drill down on 'swf_element_get', I see that it is trying to
call the method 'element_get':

* this replaces both SWC_ELEMENT_GET and SWC_TABLE_GET
DEFINE swf_get_element.
  if &1 is bound.
    try.
        call method &1->element_get
          exporting
            name  = &2
          importing
            value = &3.
      catch cx_swf_ifs_exception.
        sy-subrc = 1.
    endtry.
  endif.
END-OF-DEFINITION.

I don't geddit. What am I doing wrong? Can someone please share a brief
(working) code example?

thanks a million,
Paul

Only an individual or entity who is intended to be
a recipient of this e-mail may access or use the
information contained in this e-mail or any of its
attachments.  Opinions contained in this e-mail or
any of its attachments do not necessarily reflect
the opinions of Queensland Treasury.

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments
are confidential and may be legally privileged and
the subject of copyright.  If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify Queensland
Treasury immediately and erase all copies of the
e-mail and the attachments.  Queensland Treasury
uses virus scanning software.  However, it is not
liable for viruses present in this e-mail or in
any attachment.