Initiate event via change document

Peter Korman peter.korman at gmx.de
Fri Feb 11 09:24:00 EST 2005

Hello fellow workflowers!

I've an issue with creating an event via change document. The system is a
4.70.

My existing (running) workflow starts, when change document MATERIAL is
changed (checking field restrictions for MARA-ZEINR or MARA-ZEIVR beeing
changed).
This works pretty good.

Now I'm trying to start this workflow when material master is created (and
checking field restrictions for MARA-ZEINR or MARA-ZEIVR beeing filled).
This event doesn't appear in workflow-trace. When the field restrictions are
deleted, the event is beeing triggered and the workflow starts. But I need
the field restrictions.

Does anyone know a solution? Is it possible to use field restriction at
creation of master data?
I've read in WUG-archive, that some change documents in CDHDR and CDPOS got
signed as "update", when master data is stored.
For new material masters it's the same. The didn't get the (I)nsert, the
appear with (U)pdate in CDHDR and new field entries are blank.
I don't know, if this has something to do with my issue, but probably anyone
does?

Thanks for help!

Peter