Big problem with the Document Relationship Browser!

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Wed Feb 9 13:02:25 EST 2005

Hi all,
We've just discovered what (for us at least) is a really nasty feature in the
document relationship browser on 4.7/620: If a user looks at e.g. a delivery,
they can see all it's associated workflows.

This is good.

BUT.... (I wouldn't be writing this if there weren't a 'but'), the DRB looks at
the workflows and their objects and finds THEIR workflows. So, the delivery has
an associated WF, which contains an EMPLOYEET object. Hey, all the HR workflows
for this instance are visible, we can see this chap had a bonus payment last
month!

It gets worse: We use the tried and tested (trusted?) technique of a deadline
object based on 'The Book' in all our workflows. Jolly good, so now all WF's
that use the same deadline as our starting flow are also included in the
example above (this is a loooong list). From here there are other deadlines,
and plenty of other objects (USR01, Cost centres etc... ). Basically one can in
theory start at almost any random workflow instance and work one's way to any
and all flows in the system.

This is bad, very bad.

Does anyonw have any wild theories on getting around this without modifying
60-odd workflows which are already completed and released for QA? Of course I
thought I was doing a good deed by using lots of objects all over my
workflows.....

Any ideas desperately appreciated, (Have already trawled OSS....)
TIA,
Mike