Container synchronization ?!

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetilk at statoil.com
Mon Feb 7 02:05:44 EST 2005

Since you mention the "Advance with dialog" I assume both steps are
foreground (dialog) steps with agents. If there are no OSS Notes I would
report it, since the synchronous task really should complete whatever it is
doing before the next task starts.

Not very good hints from me I am afraid. Errors which can not be reproduced
are fairly hopeless since you can't study the situation as it occurs. When
it has been sufficiently important to solve the problem we have resorted to
writing debugging information to tables or other logs. Yes, that means
creating a lot of log information which is useless, but that is what it is
like when you are in the gold or diamond mining business. The problem is
that the small delay introduced by the logging may solve your problem.
Besides, if you use standard BOR objects you wouldn't want to change them.

Perhaps creating timestamps in the task and workflow containers in your
method which creates the output value would get you on the track?
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                    Arpad.Vincze at itel
                    ligence.hu               To:     sap-wug at mit.edu
                    Sent by:                 cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)
                    sap-wug-bounces at m        Subject:     Container synchronization ?!
                    it.edu

                    04.02.2005 11:21
                    Please respond to
                    "SAP Workflow
                    Users' Group"

Hello,

(SAP basis version  6.2)
I have an own developed workflow (part) which works the following way:
-        The first synchronous step create output value to the workflow
container
-        The second asynchronous step read this value from the workflow
container.
The workflow steps are drawn together with Advance with dialog flag = On.

Phenomenon:

Most of the cases this information exchange works properly.
Sometimes ( 2 from 1000 ) the value does not propagate to the asynchronous
task.
The workflow container contains the values to be propagated, but the
container element of the asynchronous task is initial.

Any hints,

 Waiting for your help

Arpad

Vincze Árpád