How to restart lots of workflows in 'STARTED' status - PROBLEM SOLVED !

Ross.Cresdee@iag.com.au Ross.Cresdee at iag.com.au
Fri Feb 4 00:57:16 EST 2005

Note: This e-mail is subject to the disclaimer contained at the bottom
of this message.

:

Hi All,

Thanks to all those who suggested remedies to our problem of hanging
workflows in 'STARTED' status.  I neglected to mention that we are running
SAP 46B which meant some of the newer workflow utilities weren't available.

We actually used a hybrid of the suggested solutions to resolve our problem
:

1. Using SQL we reset all the workflows' child task status in SWWWIHEAD
created over a certain date range that were hanging in WAITING status to
'ERROR' status.

2. Selected all workflow id's (WI_ID) in ERROR for that day into an
internal table

3. Looped through this table applying function SWW_WI_ADMIN_ERROR_RESTART
to all the WI_ID.

The result was very pleasing with over 1000 workflows restarted cleanly and
in quick time.  It was all done in a bit of a rush so we're going to review
the suggestions again to ensure we're better prepared for next time (if
ever) !

Thanks again.  Much appreciated.

Ross.

                      Ross
                      Cresdee/NSW/NRMA@        To:       sap-wug at mit.edu
                      NRMA                     cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  How to restart lots of workflows in 'STARTED' status
                      sap-wug-bounces at m
                      it.edu

                      03/02/2005 05:03
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "SAP Workflow
                      Users' Group"

Note: This e-mail is subject to the disclaimer contained at the bottom
of this message.

:
Hi People,

I hope you can give me a few clues.  We've got a situation where hundreds
of workflows have been in 'STARTED' status for over a week.  The workflows
had reached a task that paused for 10 seconds and there they waited.  Our
deadline monitoring job was not running while these hanging workflows
accumulated but the workflows did not take off once the job was restarted.
We've noted that we can force each workflow to manually complete but we
don't want to have to do this for hundreds of workflows one at a time.

Is there a way of restarting all these workflow that are in status
'STARTED' but are waiting for a time in the past ?

Thanks for any assistance.

Regards,  Ross.

:

The information transmitted in this message and attachments (if any)
is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed.
The message may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon this information, by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

If you have received this in error, please contact the sender and delete
this
e-mail and associated material from any computer.

The intended recipient of this e-mail may only use, reproduce, disclose or
distribute the information contained in this e-mail and any attached files,
with the permission of the sender.

This message has been scanned for viruses and cleared by MailMarshal.