SRM 4.0 Item-Based Approval Levels Limited to 3?

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Sun Dec 18 19:17:00 EST 2005

Hi Ryan,

Sounds like you need to read a couple more SAP notes and read the fine
print a little more carefully.

ITEM_APPROVAL_OBJ  can use any criteria you care to use - its up to you
to keep the relationship going which
you can always do via your own custom table,  e.g. you set a "key id",
"key value" of your own choosing - that key value
could be a look up key to your own custom table, rather than an SAP
field value.    Item_approval_obj is just using the key ids/values
to reliably hold which items belong to which approval object - it
doesn't care whether the id or values are real SAP fields or not.

The absolutely no gaps requirement is obsolete.  If you read some of the
other notes in the same area the gap situation is now handled.

Regards,
Jocelyn Dart
Senior Consultant
SAP Australia Pty Ltd.
Level 1/168 Walker St.
North Sydney
NSW, 2060
Australia
T   +61 412 390 267
M   + 61 412 390 267
E   jocelyn.dart at sap.com
http://www.sap.com <http://www.sap.com/>

The information contained in or attached to this electronic transmission
is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for
the person or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any distribution,
copying, review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of this
electronic transmission or the information contained in it is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error,
please immediately contact the sender to arrange for the return of the
original documents.

Electronic transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure and
accordingly, the sender does not accept liability for any such data
corruption, interception, unauthorized amendment, viruses, delays or the
consequences thereof.

Any views expressed in this electronic transmission are those of the
individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the
sender is authorized to state them to be the views of SAP AG or any of
its subsidiaries. SAP AG, its subsidiaries, and their directors,
officers and employees make no representation nor accept any liability
for the accuracy or completeness of the views or information contained
herein. Please be aware that the furnishing of any pricing information/
business proposal herein is indicative only, is subject to change and
shall not be construed as an offer or as constituting a binding
agreement on the part of SAP AG or any of its subsidiaries to enter into
any relationship, unless otherwise expressly stated.