Cross Company Authorization Check via Workflow for Parked Document

Mike Pokraka wug.replies at workflowconnections.com
Mon Dec 12 02:06:58 EST 2005

Hi Dale,
Tricky one, and my guess is that it's nothing to do with workflow.

The RELEASE method calls a different flavour of the parked document
display. DISPLAY is defined as the default method, which is called when
you click a link in the WI display. You could override that in a delegated
subtype, but that means that all display links will show the release
screen (and no option to go into change mode). This does not make sense as
long as you're giving people access to FBV3.

The question really belongs in FI or auths, as to whether the standard
FBV3 or whatever display can be restricted the same way as the approval -
I suspect it's possible, and it would then apply everywhere outside of WF.

Cheers
Mike Pokraka
Senior Consultant
Workflow Connections Ltd.