Strange Deadline Problems

Mike.Nickson@bhint.com Mike.Nickson at bhint.com
Wed Dec 7 10:40:59 EST 2005

We are suddenly experiencing strange deadline problems here where
deadlines are being invoked for workflows that have completed.

In our leave request workflow, we generate an email reminder if the
employee's line manager has not actioned the workitem within 5 days, and
if unactioned after 15 days then we generate a second email.

We have instances of a leave request workflow that has been authorised and
the workflow has completed within the 5 days without any deadlines being
invoked.

Inexplicably the deadline emails (both 5 and 15 days) were generated last
night . . . . even though the workflow completed on the 14th November !

I see that there is an entry in SWWWIDEADL for the workitem, and
presumably it is this that is being picked up by RSWWDHEX.

I would expect that the SWWWIDEADL entry for a workitem would be removed
when a workflow completes, but this does not seem to be the case.

Any one experienced this type of phenomena before ?

Yours Confusedly.

Mike

SAP HR version 4.70 level 43