Subtype of Business Object Type

Trant, David David.Trant at andrew.com
Thu Aug 25 10:21:50 EDT 2005

I highly recommend only creating one subtype and delegating it.  This
approach seems to be generally validated by the SAP folks with whom I've
spoken about this topic.  Doing this saves a lot of headaches with
regard to configuring everything with either BUSxxxx or ZBUSxxxx.  The
delegation allows you to call your new object by the old name
everywhere, and indeed essentially automatically adds your new
functionality everywhere the old object is used.  Clearly, there might
be esoteric cases where this behavior is not desired, but I've yet to
encounter any.  What I have encountered is a situation where one of our
consultants created a subtype separate from the delegated subtype and
over time it became more difficult to follow the connections.

Good luck,
David