Workflow '63011967' work item 63016296: No successor definedfor event?

Andy.M.Catherall@csplc.com Andy.M.Catherall at csplc.com
Thu Aug 18 10:00:49 EDT 2005

Hi Rick

If I remember correctly, I saw this error once before when an Outcome was
incorrect on task/step - though note that I did not have the 'Task
completed by hand' twist to this. The workflow log was not particularly
helpful to me, as the outcomes all appeared to be fine there, each nicely
leading to a subsequent task.

I finally found the issue when I went in to edit the task (in the Dev
environment), and then back into the step. The system highlighted to me
that the outcomes did not match. Following that correction, re-activation,
and subsequent transport, all was fine.

I think I got into this mess by modifying the task or the method without
then updating the already-activated workflow, which was subsequently
transported into prod.

Andy

                      "Rick Sample"
                      <Rick.Sample at gbe.        To:       sap-wug at mit.edu
                      com>                     cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: Workflow '63011967' work item 63016296: No successor defined for event?
                      sap-wug-bounces at m
                      it.edu

                      17/08/2005 21:52
                      Please respond to
                      "SAP Workflow
                      Users' Group"

Mike,
_RESULT is null (space) and the step is flagged "completed" so I cannot
change the container values for that task.

The action "completed by hand" from my understanding is only supposed to
occur
when an Admin manually completes the task.
Correct?

Rick

>>> wug.replies at workflowconnections.com 8/17/2005 15:27 >>>
Hi Rick,
I've seen this on a 6.20 system and never got to the bottom of it. Check
the step container, and you should find that _RESULT is 0 - an outcome
which isn't modelled as all the decisions are 1-n. Might have been
_WI_RESULT. Hence a very sensible (if a bit unhelpful) error message 'No
successor defined'.

You may be able to change _RETURN to 1 or whatever the decision outcome
should have been and restart to help the poor confused item find it's
way back into the flow.

My plan was to physically go over to a user as soon as it happened
whilst still fresh in their memory and find out EXACTLY what they did.
It could be a bug in the inbox or whatever.... but I wasn't on site long
enough to find out the cause.

Please post back if you find out, as I'm curious too.
Cheers
Mike

Rick Sample wrote:
> I am starting to receive this error and don't know why.
> User is in decision step, does something, then error!
> No clue!!!
>
> Any pointers?
>
> Thanks!
> 4.6c
>

> Rick Sample
> SAP Workflow Analyst/Developer
> Graybar, Inc.
> 11885 Lackland Rd.
> 63146-4208
> 314.573.5822
> Rick.Sample at GBE.com < mailto:Rick.Sample at GBE.com >

This e-mail is confidential and may contain privileged information.  If you are not the addressee or if you have received the e-mail in error,  it may be unlawful for you to read, copy, distribute, disclose or otherwise use the information which it contains.

Under these circumstances, please notify us immediately by returning this mail to 'mailerror at csplc.com' and deleting this e-mail from your system.

Any views expressed by an individual within this e-mail do not necessarily reflect the views of Cadbury Schweppes Plc or its subsidiaries.  Whilst we have taken reasonable steps to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from viruses,  recipients are advised to subject this mail to their own virus checking, in keeping with good computing practice.

Cadbury Schweppes holds the title of Britain's "Most Admired Company" as voted for by leading businesses. Cadbury Schweppes has rarely been out of the top 10 list of most admired companies for the past 10 years and first won the award in 1995.

Visit our website at www.cadburyschweppes.com for more information.