defining a fork step in workflow

William RS wsumargo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 11:57:47 EDT 2005

Dear Sushil
Like you say, you have 3 branches, 1st branch has step A, 2nd has step
B, and 3rd has step C like this (hope you can see):
------------
I     I     I
A   B   C
I     I     I
------------

Number of branches required = 2, means that this fork step (with total
3 branches) will be completed if 2 steps are completed (example Step A
and step C). Then the workflow with continue to the next step.
Hope you understand.

Best regards,

William R. SUmargo
SAP Consultant

On 8/17/05, Sushil Guragain <sguragain at interpublic.com> wrote:
> Sorry - I forgot to include the SAP documentation for the first question
> (which confused me) earlier:
>
> To define a fork, you specify the number of parallel branches required with
> the step name. The fork, consisting of the start operator, the branches each
> with an         undefined step and the join operator, is inserted into the
> workflow definition.
>
> To define the termination of the fork, you enter the number of branches
> required and the condition. For more information about conditions, see the
> Condition Editor.
>
> If you make no entry for the number of branches required, the system takes
> the number of branches.
> I have underlined the part that confused me - does this
> mean I enter the number of branches
> required to end the workflow
> (i.e., if I want workflow to end as soon as I receive one
> of the two events what do I put on number
> of branches required? 01 or 02 or 03)
> ________________________________

Unless you are the intended recipient (or authorized to receive
> this message
for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disseminate
> or disclose to
anyone the message or any information contained in the
> message. If you have
received the message in error, please advise the sender
> by reply e-mail, and
delete the message. Thank you very much.
(A)