How to start a workflow in a particular date.

Mark Pyc mark.pyc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 12:53:36 EDT 2005

Good point Jim. There is absolutely no need for the empty step. Dunno
what I was thinking. The Requested Start is the way forward.

Have fun,
Mark

On 4/21/05, Jim Sauceman <sauceman at tennessee.edu> wrote:
> Biswajit,
>
> I have a similar situation in which I trigger the Workflow, but its initial
> step has a Requested Start date of my desired execution date thus the
> Workflow doesn't really do anything until then. There may be more elegant
> solutions, but this approach has some advantages in our situation. Hope this
> helps.
>
> Good luck!
> Jim Sauceman ...................... sauceman at tennessee.edu
University of
> Tennessee
>

> Biswajit wrote:

I have to trigger a workflow through a report..

But the problem is I
> have to trigger the workflow on the 1st of the next
month of the month in
> which the report runs.

For example If report(to trigger workflow) runs on
> 22ndapril then workflow
should trigger on 1st MAY.

If report runs on 15th
> May then workflow should get started on 1st
> of
June..

********************************DISCLAIMER***********************************
> Information contained and transmitted by this e-mail is confidential
> and
proprietary to Tata Steel Ltd. and is intended for use only by
> the
addressee. If you are not the intended recipient , you are notified
> that
any dissemination or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and
> you
are requested to delete this e-mail immediately and notify the
> originator.
Tata Steel does not enter into any binding agreement with any
> party by
e-mail. Any views expressed by an individual do not necessarily
> reflect the
view of Tata Steel. Tata Steel is not responsible for the
> consequences of
any actions taken on the basis of information provided.
> While this e-mail
has been checked for all known viruses the addressee
> should also scan for
viruses. To know more about Tata Steel please visit
> www.tatasteel.com

SAP-WUG
SAP-WUG at mit.edu