Validating attachments (was: SV: UWL Work Item link in outlook email)

Michael Pokraka wug.replies at workflowconnections.com
Thu Apr 14 10:11:03 EDT 2005

Hi Thomas,

Please use a subject that relates to your request, you are more likely to get
people reading your post that are interested and know about your question.
Those on dialup connections would probably also appreciate you deleting the
string of unrelated messages at the bottom.

As this is not meant to be a flame, I'll try to answer your question:
I know of no straightforward way to do this without userexits or putting your
step into a loop. My favourite workaround is to have reason for rejection as a
multiline text element in the WF rather than an attachment. Write a small
method that does a popup dialog where the user can enter the text, and have
that as a step after the 'reject' outcome. Quite easy to bind this back into
rejection notification mails.

Cheers
Mike