uwl and substitutions

Billy Wilde Billy.Wilde at fonterra.com
Sun Apr 3 23:59:17 EDT 2005

Hi All,

substitutions don't work in our uwl.
Most of our users use the uwl for workflow. We have user based substitutions which work fine when using sap gui, but when (active) substitutes try to access the workitems through the uwl they always get this error: 'The item is no longer valid. Please select another item or refresh the item list view.'
They can get around this by using the portal to get to their inbox, and either processing the workitem there, or in the case of srm, reserve the workitem which they will then be able to access in the uwl.
Reserving the workitem seems to fix it, as it puts an entry into table swwuserwi, and then the uwl recognises that the sub is a valid user.
Has anyone had this before?
We're on 4.7, with ep6.0.
cheers
Bill

This email contains confidential information. If you have received this
email in error, please delete it immediately, and inform us of the mistake
by return email. Any form of reproduction, or further dissemination of
this email is strictly prohibited.
Also, note that the opinions expressed in this email are those of the
author and are not necessarily those of the Fonterra Co-operative Group
Limited.
http://www.fonterra.com/