Event Deactivated - Trouble Shooting Problems

Mark Pyc mark_pyc at gillette.com
Thu Sep 30 06:49:29 EDT 2004

Don't have any great insight for other to say that I have seen the Receiver
ID seemingly randomly not get filled even thought the event is raised and
the receiver starts.

I think if you look through enough data you'll see the missing receiver is
not indicative of the problem

Have fun,
Mark

                      "Bibby, David"
                      <david.bibby at Linkla         To:      SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                      ters.com>                   cc:
                      Sent by: SAP                Subject: Event Deactivated - Trouble Shooting Problems
                      Workflow
                      <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITV
                      MA.MIT.EDU>

                      30 Sep 2004 11:30
                      Please respond to
                      SAP Workflow Users'
                      Group

I have a continuing problem in our production system for a custom event on
ZBUS2001 for BUS2001 (Project Definition) with a single step task where
every once in a while e.g. 1 out of every 100 instances, the event gets
deactivated due to an error.

When I look in SWEL the only difference I can see between one that was
successfull and one that failed, is that in the one that failed, there is
no receiver ID.

Has anyone got any suggestions of what the problem could be, or is the
receiver Id missing a red herring ?

Many Thanks
David

This message is confidential. It may also be privileged or
otherwise protected by work product immunity or other legal
rules. If you have received it by mistake please let us know
by reply and then delete it from your system; you should not
copy it or disclose its contents to anyone. All messages
sent to and from Linklaters may be monitored to ensure compliance
with internal policies and to protect our business. Emails are not
secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be
intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. Anyone
who communicates with us by email is taken to accept these risks.

The contents of any email addressed to our clients are subject to
our usual terms of business; anything which does not relate to the
official business of the firm is neither given nor endorsed by it.

The registered address of the UK partnership of Linklaters is One
Silk Street, London, EC2Y 8HQ. Please refer to
http://www.linklaters.com/regulation for
important information on the regulatory position of the firm.