Attaching WF_DOC documents to other BOs

Shamim Ibrahim ibrahims at marafiq.com.sa
Sat Sep 25 10:47:55 EDT 2004

Hi Folks,

=20

We are trying to attach WF_DOC type documents which were created via
templates to other BOs (BUS1065 specifically). The idea is to attach a
Probation Report to an employee no. so that once you call PA20/30 the
wf_doc document can be accessed via the Object Services.=20

=20

After endless debugging we found the function module:
Binary_relation_create that actually creates the link between the BO and
the document and we created a test sequence with this FM followed by a
Commit_work FM and were successful in attaching documents of type
"Message" (this is actually the BO type that is used by the object
services function when we create an attachment via PA20/30) We also had
to maintain some attributes in table VRBINRELATION to get the this to
work. The objects attached via the test sequence is showing up in the
object services list of attachments from PA20/30 but we are unable to
display them.=20

=20

We are hoping that somebody out there has had a similar requirement and
are eagerly waiting to hear from you :-)

Thanks

Dominik & Shamim

=20

PS: We are in a 4.6C environment.