Decision Task Error

Mark Pyc mark_pyc at gillette.com
Fri Sep 24 09:36:13 EDT 2004

G'day Daniele,

If no updates have happened in the process and people won't mind getting
the same work items again (for the steps already processed) you could start
a new instance to get this invoice through (you could raise the event via
SWUE or just start the Workflow with SWUS).

Are all other workflows workign correctly?

Are other instances of this Workflow definition working correctly?

Have you checked for SM59 or ST22 errors? Is there any possibility of
authorization errors?

Have fun,
Mark

                      Daniele Cattaneo
                      <daniele.cattaneo at e         To:      SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                      -city.it>                   cc:
                      Sent by: SAP                Subject: Decision Task Error
                      Workflow
                      <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITV
                      MA.MIT.EDU>

                      24 Sep 2004 14:29
                      Please respond to
                      SAP Workflow Users'
                      Group

Hi all!
Something strange happend yesterday on customer production system: user
executed a decision task (copy of standard decision task) but the workflow
didn't get the answer so the system doesn't know how to proceed.
>From the workflow log I can understand that: the workflow is still in
process, every step from the beginning to the decision step is complete,
the risult of decision task is empty. It seems that the workflow doesn't
know how to preceed as there is no decision answer.
How can I solve the problem? Every transaction for workflow analysis and
troubleshooting I tried had no success. Could I process this istance again
(it is a posting invoice!)? Anyway, I'm worried even about the prevention
of this kind of error (I never had before!!!).
Best Regards, Daniele